大網白里市/大網白里市デジタル博物館

大網白里市を知る

沿革 History

沿革
 大網白里市(おおあみしらさとし)は、歴史的にみると、古くからの遺跡等が存在しています。
 明治2年2月には、 宮谷(みやざく)の本国寺(ほんこくじ)に庁舎が置かれ、木更津県が設置されるまでの2年9ケ月の間、宮谷県庁として千葉県近代史の一端を担いました。
 昭和29年には2町1村の合併により大網白里町が誕生し、丘陵(旧 大網町(おおあみまち))・田園(旧 増穂村(ますほむら))・海岸(旧 白里町(しらさとまち))の3つの特徴ある風土をもつまちが形成されました。
 その後も豊かな海や自然を背景とした、第一次産業を中心とする地域でしたが、高度経済成長期に入り、千葉市や東京都心部からの郊外型ベットタウンとして注目され、昭和50年代からは、町西部の丘陵地を中心に宅地開発が進み、さらにJR京葉線の外房線乗り入れ等の交通アクセス向上によって急速に人口が増加し、平成25年1月1日に市制施行しました。
 
History
  In terms of history, Oamishirasato City is home to many remains from long ago.
 In February of Meiji period 2 (1869), a government office was placed in Miyazaku's Honkoku temple, and until Kisarazu Prefecture was established two years and nine months later, this building served as the prefectural office of Miyazaku Prefecture, making it a part of Chiba Prefecture's modern history.
 Oami machi, Masuho mura, and Shirasato machi were consolidated into Oamishirasato machi in Shouwa period 29 (1954), creating a new town that possessed hills, fields, and coast, the respective characteristics of all three former municipalities.
  The town went on to have a primary industry linked to the abundant sea and natural surroundings of the area, eventually entering a high economic growth period and being seen as a popular suburban commuter town by Chiba City and Tokyo. From the 50's of Shouwa period, housing development began mainly in the hilly western part of the town, and a rapid population increase came with the improvement of accessibility brought by extending the Sotobo Line of JR Keiyo Line into the area. Finally, on January 1 in Heisei period 25 (2013), the town officially gained city status.